Sunday, January 6, 2008

Cicerone's Journeys: Seven

Cicerone says: consider this a dramatic dissonance or resonance, resonating and reverberating in a massive dub space where, just last night, a DJ saved your face from certain humiliations. When you get wrong-footed on the dance floor you'll be walking on the moon before you know what time it is. It's time for action, it's time for painting and you need some time to think: "Doctor, my head hurts, I need a pill to still the shrill drilling that is boring me to death, boring holes in my consciousness, my false consciousness, my bad conscience." Let Cicerone take you to his leaderboard and show you the ranking of riders on this storm of low-pressure signals, a barometric flux. He'll take you to the river and put you on a ferry to cross the merciless torrent of useless information that's supposed to fire your imagination but that only dulls your mental stimulation. No satisfaction guaranteed.

No comments: